31.1.12

Julie Morstad — Products

I like to browse art with my kids. I like watching there faces examine a piece and listen to their interpretation of what it’s all about. Sometimes its simple “look mama there eating/sleeping/playing” and other times their interpretation leads to whole stories and ignites an imaginative story that I can’t even keep up with. Its these times that I wish I had a insta-record button on my life. The following art work my Julie Morstad produced such a moment.
My boys really liked this one and they told me the boys were playing and seeing who could be the tallest. I was told the boy with the flag won and that the boys fighting are going to get in trouble and have their lunches taken away and have to sit on their hands till their moms and dads came to get them. Oh and no treat from the teacher that day too.
{print. unknown medium} “games”Image of games
My daughter told me the girls are tired from cleaning dishes and that their mommy must drink a lot of coffee.
{print. unknown medium} “gluttony”
This one had all them begging me to take them kite flying. It took me almost an hour to explain that we had to wait till the weather warmed up. My oldest “S” wants to fly the “eagle” my second boy “J” wants to fly the fish and my daughter “T” of course wants to fly the butterfly then I was told that my youngest “W’ and I can have the dragonfly. “See mom we all get to fly kites!” When I asked what daddy would fly, I was told that daddy would be to busy getting the kites unstuck from the trees. Lucky Daddy.
{ink, pencil, gouache and collage on paper} “how to make a kite”
julie morstad
http://juliemorstad.bigcartel.com/
found via  http://www.juliemorstad.com/

No comments: